IOSH Safety For senior Executives (1 day)
Directors, Vice Presidents, Senior Executives and other senior managers who have the responsibility for policy making and strategic planning for health and safety within larger organisations of 250 or more employees.
- Basic principles of health and safety – the cost of accidents to the business.
- Concept of safety management – policies, procedures and systems of work.
- Importance of health and safety plans and objectives.
- Management of occupational risk.
- The legal framework – criminal and civil, corporate manslaughter.
- Corporate and personal liabilities.
- Enforcement arrangements.
- Safety leadership – key actions a senior manager can take.
- Reviewing your health and safety performance and risk management arrangements.